It's 3:07 AM, I am studying for an exam tomorrow/today and my mind suddenly drifted away to ask myself a question. Can an OS be developed, based totally on a runtime such as .Net/mono? Written completely in C# or whatever language supported by the runtime's compilers. How long would it take? How long just to make a functioning GNU-like environment (bash clone, etc..). Should we strive for GNU-like environment, POSIX standards, OpenGL etc...? And how about the graphic environment, hardware acceleration, 3D and the works. How can drivers be programmed in a high-level language like C#? Can a well written kernel core help in this task?
I don't have answers to any of these question, if anyone reads my blog, please mail me just to have some feedback. Write to schrepfler AT inwind [dot] it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relaxing SSL validation for JaxWS

Search and Replace in ODT using AODL

Kaspersky Anti Virus 6 and Subversion problems