My bonsai tree died a month ago. I bought it from a cheap store down the road. It was dying in it, without light and stuffed on a shelf with others of its kind. I managed to grow it with love into full health within a few months (I'll post pictures on my static site in a couple of days). I remember giving it water daily, sitting on the window in the morning breeze, taking the sun. It once popped out 3 green leaves in just one night thanks to an extraordinary warm day this fall. The minty green leaves mingling with the dark ones, peacefully shaking in the air gave me great serenity those days. I advise all to try doing it by yourself, it's a voyage worth taking.
Few tips although it's stuff I found out by myself and may be wrong for your kind of bonsai (there are many types, yes, some less famous names are Juniper, Chinese Elm, Hinoki Cypress ecc. more info on Google's top bonsai rank is http://www.bonsaiweb.com/). I kept it at first in my room and tried in putting it out every day but it was no good, it's a plant that needs sun. Next, it appreciates slight and constant breeze. As for this latest statement, take care since I don't know if it's true, give it a nice half-glass of water each day. As long as I did all these things my bonsai was healthy looking (maybe someone will say that bonsai should be grown more in order to look like a small tree but I liked my larger leaves, I don't know how to do the other thing). Then this winter got cold, I once put him inside the house near the heating and that made a quick end for the little thing. I'm still very saddened for it.
I dedicate it this haiku to it, it follows no rule and I make it in this moment:

A strange encounter!
One glimpse,One drop,One life.
Three leaves in the gentle breeze now fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relaxing SSL validation for JaxWS

Search and Replace in ODT using AODL

Kaspersky Anti Virus 6 and Subversion problems