I actually remember the days when I learned HTML 3.0 from a book. I also remember coding it by hand and tracking the links so that nothing breaks. Of course the day I discovered that there are tools that let you run your site as a project gave my life a whole new sense and I could just dedicate myself to graphic design. The last couple of years as I started to program seriously the concept of "project" was implicit but it was mostly static and the IDE's did not help a lot with team development. So what I hope will happen that projects will start to interoperate. Ant, Snv, Bugtraq, trac, xUnit, profilers etc. have to be integrated and allow for a better project management for the entire group and we need OpenSource solutions, yesterday. Rational has had them for a long time but they had great cost. Microsoft is now lowering the bar (in price) with Team System but it's still not free. I have greatest hopes from eclipse as I see most development effort and easiest extensibility in it's model, but can it be done, will it be done? These are questions that only time will answer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relaxing SSL validation for JaxWS

Search and Replace in ODT using AODL

Kaspersky Anti Virus 6 and Subversion problems