I don't know if anyone else is having this strange feeling lately that Linux is getting, you know, good! I mean, I use Linux since RedHat 5.0 and at that time you had to, you know, suffer! Sure we had the enthusiasm but things were not easy and people were just happy to be able to say "there's this thing called rpm that helps install programs" or "this apt thing", or just some good ol' cli goodness that made your hart warm and cozy (Yes that is what happens to youth that doesn't mingle a lot with the peers).
These days it's "Ubuntu cool, Debian stable, Mepis like Debian but more cool, Fedora getting better, Knoppix it'll boot your lighter, Slack is with The Man behind it". Even I have my mantra that starts with emerge -my world and ends with Gentoo. (was that a lame joke or what :)
Anyhow, distro rivalry existed since the dawn of the ages but this is different, it's like people are starting to, you know, love the Penguin :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relaxing SSL validation for JaxWS

Search and Replace in ODT using AODL

Kaspersky Anti Virus 6 and Subversion problems