I like netbeans, I really do but there are a couple of things I'd like to be changed.
1. When I do Alt+Tab I often can't do Paste of the text that I Copy'ed in the context before. Strangely enough, if I do another cycle of Alt+Tab it works! I'd classify this as a BUG! This was present in 3.6 and is still present in 4.0 beta2. UPDATE: RC1 that just went on-line seems to work ok.
2. Classes that have a lot of overloaded methods (System.out.println().. ) really don't blend well with the code-completion netbeans offers. The VisualStudio experience is much better, giving a one-entry and the ability to navigate with left-right click (or by inserting the variables). I asked for the same thing on the Eclipse forum, now it's a "bug" so I'm hoping that at least they will implement it.
3. INSTABILITY!!! 3.6 was bad, 4.0 beta2 is "pray the lord it won't.... $*"&%#$&!"
UPDATE: 4.0 runs stable but I'm running Tomcat 5.0.19 on it and don't dare experiment anymore.

PS. Does anyone know how to set a DataSource during the deployment, that way I don't have to go to the admin interface webapp?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relaxing SSL validation for JaxWS

Search and Replace in ODT using AODL

Kaspersky Anti Virus 6 and Subversion problems