Well, the xmas holidays are arriving so it's all coming to a final rush. Too many things to do and not enough time. To the guy that was asking me some UML diagrams; I'm remodeling a bit the whole thing so I'm more in the programming mode then design mode. I'm trying to explore the use of Filters and the goal would be to switch from the ActionServlet to an "ActionFilter" that I'm for the moment calling Controller. At the moment I'm assigning a URL mapping /Controller, but perhaps it'd be nice not to do a fixed URL, something like *.action? I had some bugs during deployment, I'm not sure if it's not possible to do or it was a netbeans problem (damn beta). A question that I'm asking myself now is if I call the next Filter in the chain that is mapped to /Controller once passed all Filters in the chain, it calls the ones in the /*? It's something that I think could help separate the Actions and a mechanism of Autorizations/Authentications/Error_notification.Also, which would be the best order to apply the filters? I'm already thinking about an Transformation Filter but they are not among the list of things that filters in general do. Also this would be a nice moment to start working with JSF but seeing the extent of the effort needed to integrate it with my framework I'm a bit conservative. In that way I'd be branching away from the use of JSP as the Model, thus making the application more prone to use over different devices. Still at this moment I think it's too early. I also started to develop my own tags (as .tag for now, perhaps a tag library if the need arouses) so that the resulting jsp's are even cleaner now. Like I said my own tags are perhaps just a way to postpone the use of JSF but we'll see what the future brings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relaxing SSL validation for JaxWS

Search and Replace in ODT using AODL

Kaspersky Anti Virus 6 and Subversion problems