I've started using TortoiseSVN, a Subversion based CMS that is integrated within explorer. I must say that it's a nice change over my old methodology of making copies of various versions that work almost always ending in not knowing which is the last version and huge space consumption. Plus you get nice icons with indication what has changed and a really functional and intuitive interface.

I've finally made it into installing Fedora Core 3 (I'm not backing up on Gentoo, it's just that I don't have internet at home so I'm a bit forced on using a distro that I can get packages manually), you have to set in the BIOS your IDE Configuration to Compatibility mode otherwise I was getting some IRQ errors all the time. I really like my motherboard ( Asus P4P800 Deluxe ) but it really is a pain in the butt to make Linux work well with it. Not to mention the VIA VT6410 Raid Controller problem. On the nice side the RK patch (as the official VIA drivers aren't open) for it seems to work and as a nice bonus Raphael Doursenaud has built in the patch for Fedora Core 3.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I do not maintain the RK patched kernel for FC3 anymore since I sold my P4P800 Deluxe mobo and I'm now using Ubuntu.
Sorry.

Popular posts from this blog

Relaxing SSL validation for JaxWS

Search and Replace in ODT using AODL

Kaspersky Anti Virus 6 and Subversion problems